This week (14th – 16th June) sees eBay Live in Boston, where you can “learn the secrets of success on eBay, network with your peers, and share your passion for eBay with thousands of other eBay Community members.” Seth Godin is one of the speakers and it sounds like a great event at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
I also like the fact that whilst eBay is essentially an Internet business, they are using Live Marketing to promote themselves. Amongst other techniques, they are observing the golden rules of great seminar promotion in the ‘benefits of attending’ and promotional text:
1. They have great speakers who are recognised experts
2. They highlight a key benefit for people attending (i.e. improving your productivity)
3. They offer added value benefits – entertainment, massage, beverages
4. They offer attendees a free, limited edition gift
5. They highlight that the event is a great networking opportunity
These are all classic seminar selling techniques. Use them, and be amazed at how the number of attendees at your own seminars and workshops will increase.